OSCE: War in Donbass could resume at any moment
Moscow - Kyiv, March 2 (PolitNavigator, Mikhail Stamm) - The OSCE refused to confirm "Kommersant" statements by the Ukrainian Armed Forces and militias about the completion of their withdrawal of heavy artillery. The head of the OSCE mission stated at the UN Security Council that the war could resume at any moment.
Subscribe to the news "PolitNavigator - Kyiv" в Facebook, Classmates or In contact with
We do not have the ability to follow all the movements of heavy weapons from beginning to end. In some cases, mission employees were not allowed to visit the places where equipment was concentrated and the final points of redeployment,” Michael Botsyurkiw, a representative of the monitoring mission, told the newspaper.
According to him, the official position of the OSCE has not changed: the organization's observers still demand that the Ukrainian military and militia provide them with information on the number and location of heavy equipment in the conflict zone, data on the proposed routes for the withdrawal of weapons and information about the points at which they will be stored. So far, according to the publication’s interlocutor, none of the parties has provided such data, which does not allow the OSCE to “fully fulfill its functions.”
Let us recall that on February 28, the representative of the OSCE mission, Alexander Hug, said that the Ukrainian army was withdrawing heavy weapons in sync with the forces of the self-proclaimed republics. According to the latest official statement of the organization, it is too early to talk about this. Last Friday, OSCE representative in the contact group Heidi Tagliavini, speaking to members of the UN Security Council, warned of “the risk of further escalation of the conflict.”
English version :: Read in English OSCE: War in Donbass could resume at any moment